2017 Bedrock Wine Co. Old Vine Zinfandel
Producer: Bedrock Wine Co.
Region: Sonoma County, California
Bedrock Wine Co. was founded in 2007 by Morgan Twain-Peterson in a 550 square-foot, former chicken coop with 8 foot ceilings and no fermentation space. After six years of Bedrock being a one-man-show, Morgan was able to talk his best friend, Chris Cottrell, into moving to California from New York to join him. They now happily have a little more space to move around in but share the same objectives that guided the winery at the start.
The winery’s objectives are:
- To channel the fruit of ancient vines into powerful, elegant, and distinctly Californian wines.
- To spread the gospel of Syrah in California by sourcing fruit from great terroirs throughout the North Coast.
- To proclaim the greatness of Sonoma Valley Cabernet Sauvignon by sparing no expense on wines of uniqueness and personality.
- To reclaim rose’ from the excesses of saignee and focus on precision, delicacy, aromatics, and food friendliness.
- To make fascinating and quixotic white wines from unique sites and interesting varietals.
- To dream big but keep production low!
"This wine is beautifully balanced, drinks well, and ready for the table. Its aromas and flavors of boysenberries, bramble berries, and a shading of oak should pair it famously grilled baby back ribs with a light hoisin sauce." - WW
Included in the Sonoma Zinfandel Sampler.
FREE US SHIPPING ON 6+
Feel free to mix and match your favorites or choose one of our themed six packs! Ground shipping only, not available to Alaska or Hawaii.